Friday, July 8, 2011

Excerpt from Ravage

His bright blue eyes flitted over the woods around us, looking everywhere except at me. I had never seen him this nervous before. He opened his mouth, but no words escaped his lips.

"Bobby, spit it out!" I snapped. "Just tell me, already. You're scaring me!"

"Okay, fine. Just... just promise me you wont laugh?"

I was expecting him to tell me bad news, like there were soldiers coming our way. Not something that I would potentially laugh at. "I promise."

He took a deep breath and finally met my eyes. "Brooke, I can't describe the way I feel for you, love is not the definition of this." He leaned in closer. "I just have to show you."

My heart was racing, and there were butterflies in my stomach. He pressed closer and kissed me. Hard. I closed my eyes and let this moment flow over me. I felt his hands slide down to my hips, pulling me even closer to him, and I reached up and tangled my fingers in his hair. I felt his tongue brush across my bottom lip. I hesitated, but then gave in to the warm feeling that was taking over.

I was happy. That moment... it was perfect. He broke the kiss sooner than I would have liked. He stepped back and looked down at me. We were both breathing heavily.

I smiled and whispered, "I love you, too."

He smiled widely, and I giggled. I don't think that I have ever giggled before that moment. I had never had anything to giggle about.

No comments:

Post a Comment